Join the Committee!
The countless hours our volunteers put in to organize and run Day of Caring are an incredibly generous gift to our community. Volunteers meet throughout the year, completing projects ranging from organizing teams, planning events, confirming volunteer projects to finding event sponsors.
Day of Caring 2017 Committee
Day of Caring Chair: Lori Eversole
Assistant to the chair: Karen Stogsdill
Judith Beth Falu
Interested in joining the volunteer team? Take a look over the volunteer objectives and responsibilities to see if it is a fit!
To successfully partner with area non-profits , organizations and volunteers to create a positive volunteering experience for Day of Caring participants, thereby increasing United Way’s ability to achieve community impact and fundraising capabilities.
- Assist the Chairman in Day of Caring organization and recruitment
- Oversee projects and volunteers
- Recruit sponsors to underwrite the cost of Day of Caring t-shirts
- Recruit projects from area non-profits, collecting the materials and necessary skill information.
- Match projects with volunteer teams
- Participate in team meetings throughout the year
Volunteers are needed for the following sub-committees·
- Site Inspection Team
- Volunteer Team
- Sponsor Team
- Event/Media Team