POSITION TITLE: Campaign & Communications Intern
REPORTS TO: Marketing and Development Manager
POSITION TYPE: Intern
DURATION: September 2017-Decemeber 2017
Organization Background: United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley’s mission is to increase the organized capacity of people to care for one another in Clarke County, Frederick County, Shenandoah County and the City of Winchester. United Way NSV works across these Counties to leverage resources, businesses, experts, and other service providers to advance the common good. We prepare young people to work, help families become economically self-sufficient, and help individuals choose healthy lifestyles.
Opportunity Summary: United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley seeks an Intern to utilize their skills and implement a plan to achieve the following goals:
1. Communicate our mission to current supporters and prospective stakeholders.
2. Engage the public in United Way mission aligned events and activities.
3. Increase awareness, trust, and support of United Way.
4. Assist in campaign organization, strategy, goal setting, cultivation and reporting including creating a list of prospective businesses.
5. Assist local employers in the planning, implementation, conducting and closing successful United Way workforce campaigns.
6. Serve as United Way representative and ambassador, conveying the needs of the community to encourage individual contributions, advocacy, community and volunteer involvement.
- Collect and report campaign contributions.
- Track and report campaign progress and results. Maintain current, detailed records of all campaign activities in the customer relationship software system. (Experience with Microsoft Excel and data entry is encouraged)
- With the United Way team, prepare and deliver committee trainings, facilitate employee presentations and educate donors about the value of investing in our community through the UWNSV.
- Organize and participate in workplace campaign kickoffs by preparing and delivering materials and scheduling agency speakers for these kickoffs.
- Assist with design of marketing and outreach materials
- With the United Way team, assist in communications efforts including speaking events, organizing campaigns, press and public relations efforts, and social media activities.
- Assist with outside event and campaign activities through general staff and logistical support
This is an unpaid internship
Please send your resume and a cover letter to the attention of Elise Stine-Dolinar
United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley
329 N. Cameron St., Suite 201
Winchester, VA 22604