We don't currently have any open positions.
Campaign & Communication Intern:
United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley seeks a Campaign Intern to utilize their skills and implement a plan to achieve the following goals:
- Communicate our mission to current supporters and prospective stakeholders.
- Engage the public in United Way mission aligned events and activities.
- Increase awareness, trust, and support of United Way.
- Assist in campaign organization, strategy, goal setting, cultivation and reporting including creating a list of prospective businesses.
- Assist local employers in the planning, implementation, conducting and closing successful United Way workforce campaigns.
- Serve as United Way representative and ambassador, conveying the needs of the community to encourage individual contributions, advocacy, community and volunteer involvement.
Digital Media Impact Intern
United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley seeks a Digital Media Impact Intern to further the mission of United Way. The Digital Media Impact Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing United Way’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels, and creating fresh content. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy social media platform. The successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff and community partners to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a non-profit environment. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and collaborators. Interns will be expected to complete between 10 - 20 hours weekly. Internships are eligible for course credit.
Community Engagement Intern:
United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley seeks a Community Engagement Intern to work with our Valley Assistance Network (VAN). This position involves research and development of plans to help advance key programs. It will also allow for hands-on experience to work directly with clients seeking assistance in our community.