Summary of Campaign Totals to Date
Community members and businesses across the valley have been contributing through workplace campaigns, special events and individual gifts, with each organization being part of a division or business type. United Way NSV categorized each business type, creating a separate goal for each, and building up to a grand total goal for all of United Way NSV. This year United Way set a goal of $1,100,000 (see note about CFC below), with the campaign to conclude on December 31st 2017.
United Way is pleased to report that on this date, October 27, 2017
our total funds raised are $587,048.00 or 53.40 % to goal!
Top 20 Chair - Wilborn Roberson, Senior Vice President, Business Services Officer – Portfolio Manager, BB&T Greater Washington
- 2017 Campaign Division Goal: $578,000
- Total to date is $346,076 or 59.9% to goal.
Major Firm Co-Chair - Denise Snapp, City National Bank
Major Firm Co-Chair - Bobby Herndon, Bank of Clarke County
- 2017 Campaign Goal: $110,000
- Total to date is $63,186 or 57.4% to goal.
Commerce/Small Business Co-Chair - Lori Fountain Bales, Greenfield and Behr Residential
Commerce/Small Business Co-Chair - Steve Maclin, Piccadilly Printing
- 2017 Campaign Goal: $45,000
- Total to date is $12,411 or 27.6% to goal.
Public Service Chair - Richard Kennedy, Top of VA Regional Chamber
- 2017 Campaign Goal: $27,000
- Total to date is $10,640 or 39.4% to goal
Education Chair - Dr. David Sovine, Frederick County Schools
- 2017 Campaign Goal: $71,000
- Total to date is $37,558 or 52.9% to goal.
Individual Gifts Co-Chairs - Dick and Darlene Kent, Signet Screen Printing
Leadership Giving Chair - Scott Harvard, First Bank
- 2017 Campaign Goal: $80,000
- Total to date is $41,689 or 52.1% to goal
Dr. Damon DeArment, Shenandoah Valley Orthodontics
- 2017 Campaign Goal: $51,000
- Total to date is $28,163 or 55.2% to goal
Day of Caring/Special Events (Rubbermaid)
Millie Thompson, United Bank
- 2017 Campaign Goal: $83,000
- Total to date is $46,873 or 56.5% to goal
CFC (Combined Federal Campaign)
Due to restructuring of the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley will no longer be the local processor of the Federal Employee Campaign. Federal employees may still make designations to the United Way of NSV – CFC Charity Code 87253.