We challenge our community to celebrate our 75th anniversary
by biking/walking/running 75 miles to support United Way!
Let’s get together and bike, walk or run — virtually — to support children and families in our community.
Starting October 15th, athletes will commit to logging 7.5 miles or 75 miles either on their own or as part of a relay team.
Funds raised through RIDE 75 will support United Way's 75th campaign, helping local families in the areas of education, health and financial stability. Participants in the event are encouraged to engage friends and family to raise funds and virtually cheer them on as they log miles or complete their relay.
This event is open to all ages and abilities. Miles can be completed in whichever way works best for each participant, on a stationary bike, treadmill, or out on the road.
Thank You Sponsors!
Lori Fountain Bales, Greenfield & Behr Residential
Blue Ridge Bicycles
WHEN: Ride 75 virtual ride runs now until November 15th.
You can raise funds and earn prizes until November 15th.
WHERE: You can cycle any anywhere, whether outside or indoors on a virtual cycling program. Be sure to follow the latest local public health guidelines.
HOW: Register as an individual or create a team with your friends and family. Join our Facebook group to share your rides and stay up to date on upcoming challenges and prizes.
HOW FAR: Bikers/walkers/runners are encouraged to travel a total of 7.5 or 75 miles to commemorate UWNSV's 75th year in the valley. You can do it all at once or spread it out a little at a time. You can even set up a team and do a relay.
As a participant, you will receive:
- A custom sport shirt OR tank!
- A virtual fundraising toolkit
- Great prizes for fundraising
- Ongoing social media challenges to win additional prizes and swag
- Donate or fundraise $50 on top of your registration to get a custom RIDE 75 bike jersey!
Register today and go the distance for United Way
Registration: $99 including sport shirt or tank until October 15. After, it goes up to $129
If you register before our Early Bird deadline of October 15, you’ll have a chance to win gift cards to Blue Ridge Bicycles!
In addition to your registration, you can raise additional funds that will help vulnerable families in our communities. Packages are tiered according to the level of fundraising per participant, which is on top of your registration fee.
- Registration fee plus $50-$99: Custom bike jersey and RIDE 75 water bottle
- Registration fee plus $100-$299.99: Custom bike jersey RIDE 75 water bottle and a $25 Blue Ridge Bicycles gift card (while supplies last!)
- Registration fee plus $300-$499+: Custom bike jersey RIDE 75 water bottle + $50 Blue Ridge Bicycles gift card (while supplies last!)
All participants can select either the sport shirt or tank as a part of their registration!
Sport Shirt and Tank
RIDE 75 Jersey
fundraise $50 or more to get yours!
JOIN MY TEAM EMAIL
Subject: Join me for RIDE 75 to support United Way NSV!
Hi <INSERT NAME>,
Will you join our team for United Way's RIDE 75 virtual ride, run, or walk? Our team will be <running/biking/walking> <75 miles total or 7.5 miles> each from October 15th-November 15th!
All funds raised will support United Way’s 2021 Campaign - an annual initiative that provides local people with education, personal, and employment support they need to ease the transition to from crisis to stability.
Team members need to sign up on United Way's website here: UnitedWayNSV.org/RIDE75 to become an official part of the team. You can select to either get a sport shirt, tank top or a bike jersey too!
Your support is more important now than ever and makes a direct within our community.
I hope you’ll join <TEAM NAME> today and help make a difference in your community.
Subject: Help me fundraise to support my community!
This year, I’m participating in United Way NSV's Virtual RIDE 75 event - a special 75 mile bike/run/walk over the course of a month to celebrate United Way's 75th anniversary!
My goal is to raise $XX, and I’d love your support to help me get there.
The pandemic has made it even harder for many people to meet their basic needs. United Way has seen a 200% increase in people looking to access help - with everything from food, to housing, to healthcare.
All funds raised will support United Way’s 2021 Campaign - an annual initiative that provides local people with education, personal, and employment support they need to ease the transition from crisis to stability.
By supporting United Way, we’re able to get at the root of the issue and create long-term solutions.
With your support, we can create opportunities for local families to build a more stable life. To find out more, visit UnitedWayNSV.org
I hope you can support me today and help make a difference.
Make a donation: <PERSONAL FUNDRAISING LINK>
Raise $50 or more and earn incentives!
- Registration fee plus $50-$99: Jersey + a custom water bottle
- Registration fee plus $100-$299.99: Jersey + custom water bottle and a $25 sporting goods store gift card
- Registration fee plus $300-$499+: Jersey + custom water bottle + $50 sporting goods store gift card
Local struggling families need connections to people who care. Together, we can provide opportunities to build a brighter future.
COVID-19 has amplified the challenges our communities faces —making United Way’s role in helping to understand and solve these issues more important than ever. The funds we raise as part of RIDE 75 will support of United Way will help make a real, direct impact in the lives our our neighbors.
Here are some fundraising tips to help you get started:
- Make a donation yourself: Make a donation of$20 to get things started. Now you only need to ask 5 more people to help you reach your goal.$20 to get things started. Now you only need to ask 5 more people to help you reach your goal.
- Family: Brother, sister, mom or dad. Tell them why you care about your local community and ask at least one of them for a $30 donation to show their support. You never know, they might donate more!
- Friends: What are friends for? Well, in this case, they can give you $20 to help you reach your goal.
- Co-workers: Ask a co-worker to help support your goal by donating $10.
- Neighbors: Ask two of your neighbors for a $10 donation each.
You did it. #AchievementUnlocked
In addition to simply asking for a gift, there are all sorts of fun ways you can raise money as a team or individually. Physical distancing may make things like bake sales or garage sales a bit more challenging, but now’s the time to get creative!
To help you along your way, here are some social media posts to get you started. Just copy and paste!
Support me as I participate in United Way NSV's RIDE 75 - a special 75 mile challenge. Funds raised will help people in the Northern Shenandoah Valley access education, health and financial or emergency services. Donate now: <LINK> #UWRIDE75
Support me in my @UWNSV Ride 75 goal! I will be riding 75 miles to support United Way as they celebrate 75 years of living united. Give today: <LINK> #UWRIDE75
COVID-19 has amplified the local need in our community. Support me in RIDE 75 — and help our community’s most vulnerable get help now! <artez link> #BeausVirtualRide
Thank you to our sponsors!
Thank you to our RIDE 75 sponsors!