COVID-19 - Opportunities to Help
Bright Futures - Winchester/Frederick County:
On Monday (3/16) and Tuesday (3/17), DMIS will be hosting a “Community Food and Supply Drive” to assist Bright Futures with their current need for food and supplies for students and families. This will be from 9am-2pm at the Purcell Ave parent loop at DMIS. We will have it arranged so you can simply drive around the circle and drop off any donations. Please feel free to contact Matt Wygal at DMIS if you have any questions via email or You may also reach out to Natalie Gerometta at 540-974-4107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accepting Food Donations - https://www.facebook.com/brightfuturesfrederickcounty
- See list of things needed here.
- Also needed are: Toilet paper/clorox wipes/disposable gloves or hand sanitizer.
- Drop Off at Bright Futures location, 8AM-4:30PM during the week.
- Accepting Food Donations - https://www.facebook.com/kidsclubsnsv/
- Amazon List - https://smile.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/JDQZ90ZRPTLL/ref=hz_ls_biz_ex?fbclid=IwAR3K3esyXWcyUsFtBwsrL9PmcW32HTW3S03bdfoobIVfJdNWc9r3kXeEdYk
Medical Reserve Corp:
The Virginia Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a force of dedicated volunteers who stand ready to support the community in the event of a public health emergency. Each of the 27 local MRC units is comprised of teams of medical and public health professionals who, along with interested community members, volunteer their skills, expertise and time to support ongoing public health initiatives and assist during emergencies throughout Virginia. https://www.redcrossblood.org/local-homepage/location/winchester-american-red-cross.html
- Consider Giving Blood - https://www.redcrossblood.org/local-homepage/location/winchester-american-red-cross.html
Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging:
SAAA staff continues to deliver meals to the Meals on Wheels homebound clients and to those who normally eat meals at the senior centers. You can help by donating: cans of tuna fish, low-sodium soups and small jars of peanut butter, rolls of toilet paper or paper towels, bottles of soap or disinfectant wipes or spray.You may get additional donations for these items by contacting churches, schools and other businesses that are temporarily closed. Call SAAA at 540-635-7141 to make arrangements for food and supplies to be picked up or to deliver to the office.
ServSafe - Food Handling and the CoronaVirus