Be a leader. Make the link.
Leader Link Series Details
- Leader Link features four 2 1/2 hour module workshops held February - March about the skills or responsibilities related to board service.
- The final module will feature a guided networking event to facilitate relationships with area nonprofits
- The 2019-2020 Leader Link series costs $40 for Society of Emerging Leaders members or $290 for non-members. Meals and program materials are included. There will be no refunds of the program expense.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the training sessions, location in Winchester, VA.
- To graduate and attend the final networking event, participants are required to attend all sessions.
Agencies Seeking Board Members
Is your nonprofit agency seeking qualified candidates for your board of directors? Leader Link connects nonprofit organizations in the Northern Shenandoah Valley with qualified board candidates.
In order to participate, nonprofits need to fit the following criteria:
- Your agency must be a 501c3; municipal, county, state and/or federal agency serving the public; or private (nonprofit) within the fiive regions United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley covers (Winchester City, Frederick, Clarke, Shenandoah, and Page Counties)
- Your agency must submit a list of your current board members
- Your agency must have a minimum budget of $50,000
United Way NSV's Leader Link is an inclusive program. If you fit these criteria please contact us to collect your information. Requests from nonprofit organizations that do not meet all of the criteria but believe they would be a valuable participant and can demonstrate past performance in these areas will be considered. Please note that the Leader Link does not guarantee a match.