FOOD RELATED ASSISTANCE
Many agencies and churches are adjusting their procedures for serving meals. Several are planning to stay open. However, rather than mass gatherings, they will be handing out meals for takeout.
See our full May calendar here for Winchester and Frederick County!
Click here for a full list of food related resources. Please keep in mind that this list may change as the situation with COVID-19 evolves. Please check ahead of time to make sure organizations are still operational. We will do our best to post any adjusted schedules or procedures that we become aware of here.
See this updated list from the Blue Ridge Area Food Pantry for pantries in the Winchester and Frederick County area (as of 4/1/2020)
- View a list of food items needed.
- Food and monetary donations are being accepted. Food donations can be dropped off at the Bright Futures Distribution Center, located at 178 Indian Hollow Road, at any time and should be placed in the bins located at the entrance to the center. Or, make a monetary donation via MySchoolBucks.
Frederick County Public Schools:
- Beginning on Friday, March 20, any school-aged child will be able to pick up a free breakfast and lunch each weekday between 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. at either James Wood, Millbrook or Sherando high schools. In addition, a free breakfast and lunch will be made available for pickup at several satellite locations throughout Frederick County.
- View breakfast and lunch menus and meal pickup locations and times. The meals are only being made available to school-aged children and each child must present themselves at one of the high schools or satellite pickup locations in order to receive their meals each day.
- In coordination with Bright Futures Frederick-Winchester, food packs will be distributed throughout the school closure.
- FREE Clarke County Public Schools Food Pick-up: Anyone 18 years or younger can pick up free meals provided through the Clarke County Food Service Department. Meal pick-up is scheduled from 10AM-2PM on Wednesday, March 18 and Monday, March 23 at the entrance of Clarke County High School. Anyone who meets the age requirement can pick up five breakfast meals and five lunch meals; they do not have to be a student of Clarke County Public Schools or qualify for free and reduced lunch to pick up a meal.
- Free Meal at Camino Real Berryville - Free kids meal to all kids Monday-Friday 11am-5pm as long as school is out (No purchase necessary).
Winchester Public Schools:
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18 WPS will host 13 meal distribution sites that will be open from 10:00am until 12:30pm Monday through Friday. Any child 18 years and under can receive a breakfast and lunch meal at no cost to the family. The child must be present at the meal pickup.
- Click here for an interactive map highlighting all 13 distribution sites.
- For additional details including the locations of all 13 meal distribution sites please click here.
Shenandoah County Schools:
- Food service will begin on March 19. Each middle school will have lunch available for pickup at the loading bay between the hours of 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday, beginning March 19.
- Students must be present to receive a meal to go.
- We are unable to serve meals April 6 through April 13. Contingencies for this period are being planned and will be communicated when final.
- Kitchen staff will handle trash and cleanup during the feeding program.
- For additional food availability and donations, please contact the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank at 540-248-3663.