2015-2020 Strategic Plan
United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley embarked on a Strategic Planning process in April of 2015 to better address our community's human needs, and help us discover how we can provide the best possible service to the Shenandoah Valley into the future.
The Strategic Planning Committe outlined goals for United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley to achieve, today and tomorrow. This plan was then reviewed and approved by the Board of Dreictors on May 12th, 2015. Below is a summary of those goals and what they mean for the future of United Way and our community.
Read and download the full version of the Strategic Plan at the bottom of the page.
Strategic Communications - Increase the awareness of our supporters and the community at large regarding the positive impact of the organization.
- Improve Stakeholder Engagement
- Strengthen the United Way Brand
- Improve & Implement Technology
Sustainability - Grow, diversify and sustain long term funding, increase engagement and strengthen donor relationships to ensure long term relevancy and sustainability.
- Generate an increase in the financial resources available (total support and revenue, excluding the CFC) to the organization of 5% each year in the next five years while maintaining a strong focus on managing operating expenses efficiently. *amended 7/21/16 with BOD vote
- Establish and ensure long term relevancies of UW philosophy and mission.
- Establish and formalize a vision and purpose for endowment fund. *amended 7/21/16 with BOD vote
- Ensure sufficient human resources are available to effectively meet community needs and strategic objectives.
Community Impact - Expand Community Impact to improve lives and make measurable community change on target issues in the areas of Education, Income and Health.
- Build upon United Way’s unique position as a community impact leader to solve human service issues (community incubator).
- Align community impact strategy with the identified community needs.
- Cultivate collaborative partnerships and results to drive sustainable positive change.
Leadership Development - Enhance and incorporate ongoing strategies to ensure effective leadership development.
- Ensure diverse representation of community population on board, committees and within volunteers and staff.
- Actively educate and engage board members in the work of the organization.\
- Invest in staff training and development.
- Identify and recruit volunteers with requisite skills.
- Equip and empower partner agencies with best practices.