Community Impact Grant Program
Community Impact focuses United Way resources on the needs that matter most to the people of Northern Shenandoah Valley. The Community Impact Grant Program (formerly the Venture Grant Program),was established in 2003 by the United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley to focus resources on the priority health and human care needs that matter most to the people of our communities.
Program grant reviews are undertaken annually by the Fund Distribution Committee.
The intent of this program is to respond to local priority needs as established through the United Way Community Needs process, including: education, income and health.
For more information on how to apply please contact United Way at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019-2020 Impact Grant Dates to remember:
- January 11, 2019, COB: Letters of Intent Due
- January 16, 2019: Grant Application Training – Southern Region
- January 24, 2019: Grant Application Training – Northern Region
- February 20, 2019, COB: Applications Due
- February 27, 2019: Panel Volunteer Training – Southern Region
- March 5, 2019: Panel Volunteer Training – Northern Region
- March 1-29, 2019: Panel Visits
- April 10, 2019: Panel Presentations for Southern Region
- April 3rd & 4th, 2019: Panel Presentations for Northern Region
- July 1st, 2019 – First quarterly payment processed
- June 30th, 2020 - Spending period ends
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for funding:
- Be a 501(c)(3) non-profit and be a Virginia registered charity.
- Be directed by a volunteer governing body with an organizational structure to administer programs.
- Account for funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Conduct an independent annual audit if revenue $250,000 or more … conduct a financial review if revenue below $250,000.
- Provide health and human services in the UWNSV catchment area (Winchester, Frederick, Clarke, Shenandoah Counties).
- Operate without discrimination.
- Overhead cost (management and general/fundraising) should not exceed 25% of revenue.
The following criteria will be used in reviewing Impact Grant requests:
- Application including all accountability documents
- Site Visit
- Panel Presentation
- Alignment with United Way priority needs area
- Collaboration with other organizations
- Program Impact
- Program Outcomes
- Budget – Use of funds
Be a Fund Distribution Volunteer:
Interested in volunteering? Apply to be a part of fund distribution here!
Kurt Beyreis, Chair of the Fund Distribution Committee