Community Impact Grant Program
Community Impact focuses United Way resources on the needs that matter most to the people of Northern Shenandoah Valley. The Community Impact Grant Program (formerly the Venture Grant Program),was established in 2003 by the United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley to focus resources on the priority health and human care needs that matter most to the people of our communities.
Program grant reviews are undertaken annually by the Fund Distribution Committee.
The intent of this program is to respond to local priority needs as established through the United Way Community Needs process, including: education, income and health.
2018-2019 Impact Grants - Applications are now Closed.
For more information on how to apply please contact Kelsea Watson at email@example.com.
2018-2019 Impact Grant Dates to remember:
- Letters of Intent Due - January 12th, COB
- Grant Application Training for - January 24th
Southern Region Agencies (at Mt. Jackson Town Hall)
- Grant Application Training for - January 31st, 9AM-10:30AM
Northern Region Agencies (at United Way)
- Applications Due - February 16th, COB
- Panel Visits (schedule w/Panel Chair) - March 5th-April 3rd
- Panel Presentation Nights for Southern Region (time based on assignment)- April 9th and 10th, 5:30PM-8PM, Triplett Tech School
- Panel Presentation Nights for Northern Region (time based on assignment) - April 11th and 12th, 5:30PM-8PM, Our Health Campus
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for funding:
Be a 501(c)(3) non-profit and be a Virginia registered charity.
Be directed by a volunteer governing body with an organizational structure to administer programs.
Account for funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Conduct an independent annual audit if revenue $250,000 or more … conduct a financial review if revenue below $250,000.
Provide health and human services in the UWNSV catchment area (Winchester, Frederick, Clarke, Shenandoah Counties).
Operate without discrimination.
Overhead cost (management and general/fundraising) should not exceed 25% of revenue.
The following criteria will be used in reviewing Impact Grant requests:
Application including all accountability documents
Alignment with United Way priority needs area
Collaboration with other organizations
Budget – Use of funds
Be a Fund Distribution Volunteer:
Interested in volunteering? Apply to be a part of fund distribution here!
Kurt Beyreis, Chair of the Fund Distribution Committee