Fund Distribution Volunteer Opportunities
We invite United Way donors and community members to participate in our 2022 Grant review process as a member of a review panel. Help to ensure that all grant requests meet the needs determined in the 2020-2023 Community Needs Assessment and 2020 ALICE Report in the areas of Health, Education, and Financial Stability.
Panel members are an important part of the grant process:
- Panel members represent the contributing public and help to ensure that donated funds are well spent and make the most impact in our community.
- Panel members work with other volunteers to review five to seven grant applicants and recommend monetary levels of support for specified programs.
- The time commitment for panel members is about 10-15 hours total between February-April. This represents the training, the site visits and the panel presentations.
An outcome-based review process focusing on service results by grant applicants has simplified reporting. This allows the panelists to see the difference made in the lives of the people being served.
Key dates for 2022 volunteers:
- Volunteer Training (virtual): March 3, 2022 9:30-11:00 AM or March 9, 2022 3:00-4:30 PM
- Panel Site Visits (In-person if possible): March 14 - April 8, 2022
- Agency Presentations (virtual): April 20, 21 (Northern agencies), April 26, 27 (Southern agencies)
For more information on how to get involved, contact Jennifer Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org