Project Submission Form (for AGENCIES only)
United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley Day of Caring will be held on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021.
If you are an AGENCY that would like to put in a request to have volunteers complete a project, please fill out this form.
Individuals who would like to request a project MUST go through a 501(c)3 organization to have the project submitted. Projects submitted on the behalf of individuals MUST be submitted by July 15th, 2021 to be eligible.
* Please submit each project individually on this form. We encourage all of our agencies to submit multiple projects for Day of Caring. United Way NSV will contact you in August if you project is accepted or denied.
- Who can submit a project? Any 501©3 in Winchester City, Frederick, Clarke, Shenandoah or Page County. We have occasionally done projects at local parks, churches, fire stations and civic organizations. Not sure if you qualify – just ask!
- What kind of projects can be submitted? Almost anything you think a regularly skilled volunteer could accomplish in about 6-8 hours. Some highly skilled projects are a little less common (roofing, plumbing, etc.), but it’s not totally out of the question, we just need to know ahead of time. We’ve also had volunteers read to kids, do activities with seniors, etc. It doesn’t have to manual labor!
- What if I know of an individual who needs a project done? Any individual needing a project completed MUST have it submitted by a 501©3 organization. The organization must make sure the project has been sufficiently vetted before submitting. Example: You know of an elderly resident living alone on a limited income that needs some landscaping done. A Person at your organization would submit the project on behalf of the resident and manage the communication between volunteers and the home owner. These projects MUST be submitted by July 15th in order to be eligible for Day of Caring.
- Can I submit more than one project? YES!!!!
- Who is responsible for the supplies to complete the project? The organization submitting the project is responsible. If you have a project and you can’t provide the supplies, please still let us know, as EARLY as possible and we will work to accommodate if we can.
- How many volunteers does the organization get? As many as you ask for – it can be 2-200. We work with teams of all sizes! (see COVID-19 update)
- How long are they there? They typically arrive around 9AM and most teams finish up by 3PM or 4PM.
- Do we have to feed volunteers lunch? Yes please! If you are not sure if you need to feed your group - please contact the team. Each site is required to have drinking water on hand at all times.
- Do we get to pick our volunteers? No, we pair your organization up with a group based on skill, size and a variety of other factors. It is a giant puzzle to put together, so we appreciate your flexibility!
- When is Day of Caring? Wednesday, September 15th for all areas!
- When are projects due? July 30th for projects at non-profits (see above for information on project deadlines for projects at individual homes).
- How do I submit a project? https://www.unitedwaynsv.org/project-submission-form
Who do I contact for more information? Elise Stine- Dolinar, Director of Marketing & Outreach, email@example.com