Need Help? Request assistance by filling out an online intake (link - https://www.unitedwaynsv.org/van-get-help) or call (540) 773-3178 and a resource navigator will contact you.
Staying connected to coronavirus-related news and assistance can be challenging as information changes rapidly. VAN has our pulse on the most up-to-date resources from our local partners as well as state and federal programs to help families who are impacted.
- In the first 8 weeks of the COVID-19 outbreak, our mobile call center fielded over 250 request for assistance – a 50% increase in requests!
- Our Resource Responders get people connected to services quickly, often helping to solve multiple needs.
- Our Budget Coaches help families evaluate their income and expenses and prioritize bills.
- With so many people out of work now – many of whom have never had to ask for help before – our services are more important than ever.
- Thanks to partner agencies and generous donations to United Way NSV’s COVID-19 Relief Fund, VAN is helping hundreds of local families weather this crisis and get on more stable ground.
MOVING FAMILIES FROM CRISIS TO STABILITY
WHAT WE DO: Through a coordinated network of services, we help people in crisis access information and resources to stabilize their situation and begin their journey to financial stability.
The core service of VAN is a comprehensive Resource and Referral System. We provide immediate crisis intervention services to help ALICE families navigate the complex social services system and move from crisis to stability. We have helped over 2,000 families connect with shelter, clothing, food, medical care, job training, etc. In phase two of the program, we offer the tools and resources to help families become self-sufficient, and ultimately, financially secure.
OUR IMPACT: VAN Program outcomes October 2017 – April 2020 Click here to view our 2019 Accomplishments
Located: 411 N. Cameron St. Suite 210, Located on the Our Health Campus
Open Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Fridays by appointment only